Escrow Officer - Kingwood
Reviews and analyzes Earnest Money Contract, title commitment and closing instructions in order to determine the most effective and efficient means to professionally perform real estate closings. Conducts real estate closings with borrowers and sellers and their representative, disburses funds, records documents, returns closing packages to lenders and is responsible for the proper accounting of all the funds.
- Responsible for the management including accuracy and completeness of work product of their assigned Escrow Assistant, if any.
- Manages workflow of their assigned Escrow Assistant, as required, in order to confirm all necessary documents are in the file prior to closing.
- Independently develops unique and effective strategies to retain current customers, so that they become repeat customers.
- Manages closing transaction from start to conclusion.
- Reviews and signs title commitments, decides how to cure any title problems and how to comply with any specific instructions.
- Preworks settlement statement. Confirms at that time, taxes and maintenance are correct; computes taxes for new constructions; enters payoff information into computer.
- Communicates with builder, real estate agent, mortgage company, etc. regarding specific closing instructions and other title company requirements.
- Determines how to prepares settlement statement in accordance with the terms of the Earnest Money Contract, lender's closing instructions and applicable federal and state rules and regulations. Prepares settlement statement accordingly. Reviews instructions as to requirements for funding.
- Responsible for conducting a professional closing which includes following lender's closing instructions; make sure all funds have been receipted and are good funds; confirms disbursement sheet matches settlement statement; the file is balanced; all names and legal descriptions are shown correctly on each document; and file is fully maintained.
- Responsible for making sure that all documents are timely recorded. Ascertain that assigned Escrow Assistant, if any has accurately prepared package and shipped to the lender; order title policies.
- Assist in developing and achieving revenue goals and budgets.
- Must be able to independently make time-sensitive choices in matters that have a significant financial impact on the Company during the closing process.
- Must be able to professionally and diplomatically handle and resolve any complaints or disputes surrounding the entire closing transaction.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining guidelines and/or implementing new procedures to ensure quality, operational efficiently and performance levels.
- Assist in the development and maintain direct production capabilities and vendor networks capable of providing accurate, reliable and timely valuation product.
- Educate customers on specific title insurance terminology, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain a close communication with Abstract, Examination and Word Processing making sure all files are ready to close on a timely basis.
- Marketing at functions to promote the Company and communicating with Sales/Marketing Representatives to establish customer needs as necessary.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required that could included after hour Company events that involving customers entertainment and educational events.
- Acceptance of supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work from 8 AM to 5 PM.
- One to three years experience as a closer.
- Requires aptitude for figures and accounting functions, must have strong organizational skills, and be detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex federal and state rules and regulations applicable to the title insurance industry and communicate same to real estate agents, lenders and builders.
- If required by law must be able to meet the criteria and be licensed by the State.
- High School Diploma required, some college is ideal
- 1 - 3 years